4 jours SEC/SAFETYSTO
- Operating personnel (engineers, shift leaders and/or operators) in refineries and petrochemical/chemical plants and any staff involved in operations (maintenance, SHE department).
- To provide a better understanding of product and equipment risks in order to increase safety behavior in storage and discharge operations.
- To identify and rank the risks inherent to the products handled and stored, and to the equipment used for chemical and oil storage.
- To measure the possible consequences on safety, health and the environment.
- To apply preventive recommended measures.
- To adopt the most appropriate behavior in accordance with the risks.
Les + pédagogiques
- Workshop: decommissioning and commissioning procedure for a typical unit selected based on trainees’ origins (atmospheric tanks, under pressure storage, recovery unit, etc.).
- Case studies and analysis of incidents and accidents.
Plant operations and safety 0.25 jour
- Specific hazard inventory and consequences: accident, environmental and health damages..
- Risk management tools: organizational, human behavior and technical aspects.
Product-related risks 1.25 jours
- Explosive atmosphere: flammable product occurrence.
- Ignition sources: hot works, sparks and static electricity, self-ignition temperature.
- Oxidizers and pyrophoric products.
- Preventive measures and precautions: hazard operations and behavior to be followed : draining, sampling, product loading or unloading, repair works, motor vehicle traffic, hazardous area, etc.
- Fluid behavior and related risks
- Pressure in a vessel (Sphere, tanks, wagons, pipes, etc.) and consequences of a temperature increase or decrease: thermal expansion, vaporization, collapsing due to vacuum, freezing due to pressure drop, BLEVE, Boil-over, water hammer, etc.
- Risk assessment and preventive measures.
- Risks for human health
- Toxicity: risk assessment, main ways of poisoning, prevention and protection.
- Thermal and chemical burns: equipment lay-out, product handling, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Product interaction: during storage (Bulk, barrel, etc.), transport (rail, road, shipment) and hazardous chemical reaction.
- Hazmat transportation: loading rate, vehicle identification, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), driver certificate, etc.
Plant related risks - Safeguarding equipment 0.75 jour
- Atmospheric and under pressure storage tanks: different kind of construction, compressive and vacuum strength, safeguarding equipment (vents, relief valve, hydraulic safety shut-off valves, positive safety valves, etc.).
- Safety in tanks storage operation. Typical incidents.
- Loading/Unloading tank truck, tank wagon, oil tanker, etc.: loading station lay-out (top or bottom), safe automation and facilities, vapors recovery.
Safety in storage tanks commissioning an decommissioning operations 1.5 jours
- Successive stages: utilities used (nitrogen, water, air, gas oil, etc.).
- Draining-blowdown: depressurization, degassing, inerting.
- Lock out/Tag out procedure: blinding, ventilation, confined space entry.
- Works permits: endorsement and responsibilities.
- Commissioning and start-up.
Human behavior and safety control 0.25 jour
- Strict discipline: understanding and compliance with procedure, safety barriers, risk of routine.
- Employees' involvement: commitment and responsibility.
- Risk level assessment: accident, near miss, unsafe acts.
- Field agents: safety department, medical department, health safety and working conditions committees.