3 jours PGP/GENELAY
- Engineers and technicians involved in Oil & Gas projects.
- Gain practical knowledge of equipment layout elaboration and review.
- Produce the equipment layout of a project, taking into account all constraints imposed by the various disciplines, as well as suppliers, site infrastructure, regulations and company standards.
- Optimize layout and prepare for management review.
Les + pédagogiques
- Various examples taken from refining/chemical projects.
- Sharing of participants' experience, documents, methods and standards.
- Participants to review existing documents, methods and standards, and develop their own arrangement on practical cases.
Preliminary layout 1 jour
- Regulatory aspects Main European regulations for: safety distances, noise, environment. International standards
- Use of Blocks Schemes, Process Flow Diagrams and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- General layout between units/inside unit: process units, storage facilities (retention areas, tanks, LPG spheres), utilities (cooling towers, waste water treatment, flare network), technical buildings (control room, electrical substations, instrument rack-rooms, analyzer shelters, laboratories, maintenance buildings and workshops, changing rooms), administrative buildings (offices, medical buildings, cafeteria).
- Site access (road, rail, sea).
Layout criteria and constraints 1 jour
- Review of constraints generated by the different actors: associated layout criteria.
- Health, Safety and Environmental constraints
- Location of naked flame: flares, furnaces and boilers. Area classification.
- Integration of the results of Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) (radiation, overpressure, toxicity, dispersion) Safety distances.
- Access, Egress, Escape and Rescue :structures at height, congested areas, access of rescue team.
- Fire fighting equipment layout. Fire zones.
- Health (cooling towers and legionella, ergonomics). Noise concerns at fence.
- Maintainability: lifting and storage area, access to equipment.
- Site circulation: management of vehicle flows (cars, trucks, railcars), forbidden access/areas to vehicle.
- Planning and scheduling: data availability at each project stage, management of Holds and Change Requests.
Plot plan reviews 0.5 jour
- Design reviews: operability, maintainability constructability (methods, planning and scheduling).
- Final layout (including validated actions from reviews or equipment supplier data).
- Use of 3D models.
Layout optimization 0.5 jour
- Inter-unit optimization: above-ground networks (pipe-racks, pipeways, cable trays), underground networks (drains, sewers, firewater ringmain).
- Storage areas optimization: atmospheric tanks, LPG/LNG storage.
- Optimization of paved areas: draining areas and segregation, waste water treatment.
- Specificity of packages or integrated modules/skids.