3 jours RPC/SYNGAS-E
- Professionals interested in technical information about the different ways to valorize gas.
- To provide technical and economic information regarding the various options for valorizing gas.
- To grasp the essence of gas markets, including natural gas and syngas (CO + H2).
- To be aware of the importance of syngas: production modes and valorization channels.
- To learn about the various technologies and their conditions of implementation.
- To learn about the latest projects under consideration.
Les + pédagogiques
- Industry experts share their views of current developments.
Natural gas 1 jour
- Natural gas reserves, conventional or non-conventional.
- Production, consumption and trade, utilization of natural gas worldwide.
- Field treatment, production and by-products (ethane, LPG’s, condensates).
- Different ways for gas transportation: pipelines, LNG shiping, …
- Quality specifications for commercial natural gas.
- Valorization of natural gas: as fuel (domestic or industrial uses), generation of other energy types (electrical, cogeneration), car-fuel (CNG, GTL), chemical valorization.
Syngas production 1 jour
- Composition and feedstocks (natural gas, hydrocarbons, coal).
- Different modes of syngas production: steam reforming, partial oxidation (POx), autothermal reforming.
- Gas production from biomass: advantages, yields, constraints. Example of a biorefinery.
Syngas valorization 0.5 jour
- Maximization of hydrogen production in the refineries through the shift reaction.
- Chemical synthesis: production of alcohol like Methanol, Ammonia and other chemical compounds.
- GTL Complex (Gas-To-Liquid): production of liquid hydrocarbons from gas through Fischer Tropsch reaction.
- Coal gasification.
- Electrical energy production, steam and hydrogen for refining industry: IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle).
Economic aspects of gas valorization 0.5 jour
- Investment (Capex), operating costs (Opex), costs for raw materials.
- Marketing advantages, environment issues.
- Example: comparison of GTL with LNG.
- Strategies of different actors: production countries of natural gas, licensers, oil or gas trusts, engineering companies.