3 jours PGP/ENGMAN
- Personnel involved or interested in activities performed by Engineering Contractors.
- To provide an overview of Oil & Gas projects Engineering studies.
- To control engineering activities, deliverables, work sequence and interfaces.
- To identify and mitigate the main risks: schedule, vendors, interfaces, quality.
- To identify critical points, and to implement and monitor the related KPIs.
- To manage progress and changes in accordance with Best Engineering Practices.
Les + pédagogiques
- Half of the training is devoted to hands-on exercises on Engineering discipline and management tasks.
- Quiz at the end of each section to assess knowledge acquisition.
- A 200 page guide is provided for future reference.
Public courses are scheduled by our E&P Division (see the E&P catalogue, course reference E-714)
Understanding engineering 0.5 jour
- The organization and role of engineering in a project: the parties involved, engineering, subcontracting.
Engineering discipline overview 1.5 jours
- The design basis & criteria.
- The engineering activities and deliverables: input, output, content and constraints, sequence.
- In the various disciplines: process; equipment/mechanical; plant layout; Health, Safety & Environment (HSE); civil engineering; material & corrosion; piping; plant model; instrumentation and control; electrical; field engineering.
Keys to a successful engineering execution 1 jour
- Understanding the schedule requirements: typical critical path of an Oil & Gas Project, consequences for engineering, matching the procurement and construction schedule.
- The internal constraints of the Engineering schedule: interfaces between disciplines, Vendor input, best practices.
- Interface management: challenge and best practice.
- Implementation of changes: challenge and best practice.
- How to meet the main challenge of delivering on schedule.
- The EPC execution model & the resulting key Milestones for engineering + benchmarks.
- What to put in place to control a contractor: how to effectively monitor progress, factors that could impact progress, meaningful KPI, requirements for progress reports.