5 jours IR/ELECMAIN
- Electricians and maintenance area supervisors and technicians, operation and maintenance planners and schedulers, reliability technicians as well as plant inspectors.
- To provide a better understanding of electric generators and motors, performances, operation and breakdowns.
- To enhance knowledge of power grid on plant, including safety and potential hazards.
- To know how the grid of a plant works and its structure.
- To understand the roles of the different safety parts of the grid and the links between them.
- To master electrical receptors including motor operating principles.
- To detect the main malfunctions related to electrical motors, on-line monitoring.
The principle of electrical distribution 0.5 jour
- Purpose of electrical distribution, characteristics of the grid.
- One line electric distribution diagram.
- Main grid, auxiliary grid, safety grid.
- Application to a typical grid: closer look on the online diagram.
Sub station equipment and working principle of switchgear 2 jours
- Purposes and uses of equipment, as well as its first level maintenance.
- Transformers: purpose of transformer on a power grid; operating principle, single phase to tri phase; windings connection; constitution (main parts); protection.
- Circuit breakers: operating principle, technologies, typical failures.
- Cables, switchboards, equipment, relays, diesel generators, batteries, chargers and UPS.
- Gas insulated substation: principle and technology.
Reliability and safety equipment 1 jour
- Main types of protections.
- Earthing system choice LV&HV: advantages and drawbacks.
- Selectivity of protections: mains techniques.
- Protection relays.
- Insulation monitoring.
- Hazardous area (ATEX) equipment: standards and maintenance obligations.
- Lock out rules of switchgear before and after maintenance interventions.
Induction and synchronous motors 1 jour
- Concept of operation, characteristics (intensity, efficiency, power factor and torque).
- Field of use and typical uses of power and voltage range HV & LV.
- Technology and hazardous area (ATEX).
- Variable speed drive, type of drives; consequence for the grid.
- Electric protection of motors, temperature gauge.
- Synchronous motors: torque control, excitation, different technologies.
- Induction motors: various types of starting according to the mechanical load, the power of the motor, and the capacity of the grid, constraints imposed by the grid; maximal numbers of launches.
- Application: failures and maintenance.
Steam turbines generators 0.5 jour
- Brief mechanical presentation of the steam turbine generator.
- Concept of operation of the electrical generator.
- Technology of the generator.
- Coupling of the generator and islanding mode.
- Impact on the grid.
- Application: maintenance and malfunction consequences.