80 jours GCA/ACE
- Engineers interested in applied chemical engineering relating to oil and gas products, refining processes and polymers.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the refining and petrochemistry chain involved and the equipment used in the refining and petrochemicals industry.
- To understand the refining and petrochemical manufacturing schemes.
- To grasp the fundamentals of chemical engineering.
- To master the fundamentals of polymer chemistry.
- To acquire the bases for investment decisions and capital budgeting in the refining and petrochemical industries.
Les + pédagogiques
- Applications using process dynamic simulators (RSI IndissPlus simulator).
- Applications using static simulation software (PRO II).
- Two practical one week sessions, including pilot testing and site visits, are scheduled between September and December in Normandy and in the south of France.
This course is administered alongside IFP School “Processes & Polymers Master” candidates. The course content corresponds to the first trimester of the Master ‘s program.
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FUNDAMENTALS 12 jours
- Thermodynamics applied to liquid-vapor equilibria.
- Hydrocarbon physico-chemistry.
- Fluid dynamics.
- Heat transfer.
- Thermodynamics. Kinetics. Catalysis and chemical reactions.
- Industrial reactor design.
PETROLEUM PRODUCTS AND REFINING PROCESSES 20 jours
- Crude oil and petroleum products.
- Distillation (theory and dynamic simulation).
- Introduction to Provision simulation software (PROII) usage and application in a distillation project.
- Refining processes, process flow sheets and visit of a refinery.
INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT AND INSTRUMENTS 17 jours
- Materials and corrosion.
- Static equipment.
- Rotating machinery.
- Heat exchangers, furnaces and boilers.
- Instrumentation. Process control.
- Introduction to HTRI software usage and application in a heat-exchanger project.
MONOMERS AND POLYMERS MANUFACTURING 17 jours
- Olefins and aromatics in petrochemistry.
- Polymer chemistry, structure and characterization.
- Industrial reactor design of polymer reactors.
- Visits of a steamcracker unit, polymer units and plastic converters companies.
ECONOMICS 1 jour
- Economics of supply and refining operations.
CASE STUDIES 13 jours
- Two projects based on conception, design and cost estimation of an industrial distillation column (with PROII) and different heat exchangers (with HTRI).
- Two workshops are organized to design a CSTR styrene polymerization reactor and a LLDPE gas phase reactor.
- These studies are carried out by trainees with instructor guidance.